Category: Main Course
Seared Mahimahi with Edamame Succotash - TastyPlanner.com
Using frozen vegetables allows you to measure out precisely what you need.
Recipe Source: Cooking Light
1 medium red bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/3 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 (6-ounce) mahimahi or other firm white fish fillets
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
. Preheat broiler.
2. To prepare succotash, cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and finely chop. Combine pepper, onions, and next 7 ingredients (through garlic), tossing to combine.
3. Combine corn and beans in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover with water. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes; drain. Add corn mixture to bell pepper mixture; toss to combine.
4. To prepare mahimahi, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of fish with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with succotash.
- Times saved to recipe box: 8
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 4