Category: Main Course
Sesame-Garlic Soba Noodles with Fried Egg - TastyPlanner.com
Quick noodle dish for one, by far a favorite when I don’t feel like making anything elaborate, but still want something that feels gourmet. I make it without the red pepper flakes, and it’s just as tasty, but if you like heat, make the recipe as is.
Recipe Source: The Kitchn
1 cup soba noodles (about 1.5 oz. dry)
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 green onion, sliced into thin rounds
1. Bring pot of water to a boil, add salt and soba noodles. Cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to serving dish.
2. Meanwhile, heat small pan over medium heat, add sesame oil.
3. When oil is hot, add garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Remove from heat, stir in the soy sauce and pour over noodles. Add the green onion and stir to coat.
5. Set the same pan back over medium-high heat, crack an egg into the pan, being careful not to crack the yolk.
6. When the whites have set, use a spatula to flip the egg over. Cook for a minute or two until whites are completely cooked but the yolk is still liquid, then slide the egg onto the noodles.