This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Skirt Steak Fajitas - TastyPlanner.com
Skirt steak, which is full of flavor and holds marinades well, is the essential beef cut for fajitas
Recipe Source: Epicurious
2 skirt steaks
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Cut the steak crosswise into 2 to 4 pieces and place in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the steak, turning it to coat well. Marinate overnight, covered, in the refrigerator, turning once or twice. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Preheat the broiler. Remove the steak from the marinade, scrape off any bits and place on a baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from heat source for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare meat. Let rest 10 to 15 minutes. Slice the meat thinly. (For easy eating, the steak strips should be 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick.)
To prepare fajitas:
1. Arrange the steak, chicken, tomatoes, onions and limes decoratively on the platter. Sprinkle with parsley.
2. Place tortillas in a napkin-lined basket. Put the other toppings in bowls.
3. To serve yourself, fill a tortilla with steak or chicken; add toppings to taste. (Don’t overstuff.) Roll up and enjoy.
- Times saved to recipe box: 1
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 2