This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Slow Cooker Ginger Beef Roast - TastyPlanner.com
Start this take on beef roast in your slow cooker for a ginger-fresh version of the one-dish hit. Roll with the Asian theme-serve with rice and sugar snap peas.
Recipe Source: www.bettycrocker.com
3-pounds beef boneless chuck roast
1 teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
3/4 cup classic-style stir-fry sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons grated gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 bag (1 pound) frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions, thawed
1. Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. If beef roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Sprinkle beef with peppered seasoned salt. Cook beef in skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, until brown on both sides.
2. Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place beef in cooker (if necessary, cut beef in half to fit in cooker.) Mix stir-fry sauce, ketchup, vinegar and gingerroot in small bowl; pour over beef.
3. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
4 Place beef on platter; cover to keep warm. Add stir-fry vegetables to mixture in cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove netting or strings from beef. Serve pepper mixture with beef.
MAKE THE MOST OF THIS RECIPE WITH TIPS FROM THE BETTY CROCKER KITCHENS
Although it’s tempting, avoid peeking in the slow cooker during cooking. Lifting the lid lets steam escape, and steam helps with the cooking.
Browning the meat adds flavor and helps seal in the juices, but if you’re short on time, you can skip this step.
Serve this Asian-influenced roast on a bed of hot cooked rice or Asian noodles, along with steamed sugar snap peas.
1 Serving (1 serving) Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 1290mg; Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g,Sugars 5g), Protein 37g
- Times saved to recipe box: 1
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 7