This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Slow-Cooker Turkey Breast and Gravy - TastyPlanner.com
The gentle, moist heat of the slow cooker is ideal for producing juicy white meat.
Recipe Source: Cook's Country
1(6-7 pound) bone-in turkey breast
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 onion, chopped coarse
1 carrot, peeled and chopped coarse
1 celery rib, chopped coarse
6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
7 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tsp. minced
2 bay leaves
1. Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Remove skin from breast and cut into 4 equal pieces. Cook turkey skin in 12-inch skillet over medium heat until browned, 8-10 minutes. Transer skin to slow cooker. Pour off all but 3 Tbsp. fat from skillet. Add butter, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and cook until vegetables are browned, 8-10 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking constantly, until golden, about 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in broth and wine and bring to boil. Transfer gravy, thyme sprigs, and bay leaves to slow cooker.
2. Season turkey with salt and pepper and place meat side up in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
3. Transfer turkey to carving board, tent loosely with aluminium foil, and let rest for 15-20 minutes. Pour gravy through fine mesh strainer into serving bowl; discard solids. Stir minced thyme into gravy and season with salt and perpper to taste. Carve turkey and serve with gravy.
- Times saved to recipe box: 1
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 1