This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Side Dish
Spanish Style Tortilla - TastyPlanner.com
Ian says: This is a quicker and simpler version of the traditional Spanish tapas style tortilla where we replace the potato with white beans.
I love tortilla but it can be a real drag peeling and slicing the potatoes and waiting ages for them to simmer down. Fortunately replacing them with white beans transforms the dish from a labour of love to a quick dish you can prepare in minutes.
You need to have a grill for this to work, otherwise you can try flipping the tortilla yourself, but I just bang it under a hot grill.. it’s much much easier..
I tend to make my recipe with chorizo but feel free to get creative with it in any way you like.
Recipe Source: 4hourdiet.com
1 onion, chopped
1 inch chorizo chopped
400 grams white beans in a can
4 medium eggs
1. I use frozen spinach cubes so to begin with I warm them through in the pan until they’ve defrosted a bit, if you’ve got fresh spinach you can skip that step.
2. Then I chop the chorizo and cook it over a medium heat, while thats cooking I chop the onion and after a couple more minutes add that to the pan, it should take on the colour of the chorizo.
3. Then open and drain the white beans, I like to mush them up a bit with a fork before adding them to the pan, give the whole thing a stir to mix it all up.
4. Then break all the eggs into a container and whisk together to your desired consistency and add to the pan.
5. Stir the whole lot again making sure the egg mixture covers everything.
6. Let it cook on the hob for a further couple of minutes so the bottom firms up, don’t burn it! Once you can see a few bubbles coming through stick it under a hot grill and let the top cook. I like mine a golden brown colour, the one in the pic is slightly overdone..