Category: Main Course
Spinach and Mushroom Quesadilla - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Johnny Price
Quesadillas with Spinach and Mushrooms
1 Bag Baby Spinach
1 Carton of white mushrooms, sliced
1/2 white onion
3 Cloves Garlic (less if you don't like garlic)
2 cups Quesadilla shredded cheese (or use your favorite shredded cheese)
2 cups Mexican Shredded Cheese
1 bag wheat tortillas
Sour cream, Guacamole, and Salsa for serving
1. Dice onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Don’t cut the mushrooms too small since they will shrink while cooking.
2. Heat olive oil or coconut oil in large pan. Sautee onion, garlic, and mushrooms over medium heat until onions are tender.
3. Add bag of spinach to pan. Fold spinach in with the onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Once spinach is coated, cover pan for 1-2 minutes. The spinach cooks pretty quickly and you don’t want to overcook it.
4. Remove from heat and pour spinach into a bowl.
5. Heat up another pan on medium heat. Once warm, place tortilla in pan. Place mix of cheese on one half of tortilla, followed by spinach over the cheese. Add more cheese to over the spinach (helps hold the quesadilla together).
6. Fold tortilla in half and press it together lightly so it sticks together. You don’t want to squeeze out the cheese and spinach! Flip quesadilla when necessary, cook until slighty brown on both sides.
7. Place quesadilla on plate and cut into desired size.
8. Repeat until you run out of spinach!