Category: Main Course
Steak & Mushroom Florentine - TastyPlanner.com
Even the kids will eat their spinach when it’s tucked into this delicious dish with sliced steak and a creamy sauce.
Nutrition per Serving:
Cost per recipe: $ 9.22
Recipe Source: Campbell's Kitchen
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 beef sirloin steak or beef top round steak, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound), cut into thin strips
1 small onion, slices (about 1/4 cup)
4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (98% Fat Free)
1 cup water
1 large tomato, thickly sliced
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
2. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender-crisp. Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
3. Stir the soup and water in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook until the beef is cooked through, Serve the beef mixture over the tomato. Season with the black pepper.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with hot cooked whole-grain egg noodles and a green salad with Dijon vinaigrette. For dessert serve fresh fruit salad.
- Times saved to recipe box: 18
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 18