This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
szechwan pork with peppers - TastyPlanner.com
Better homes and gardens recipe
Recipe Source: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/m...
12-ounces lean boneless pork
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon hot bean sauce or hot bean paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 medium red sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch squares (2 cups)
2 medium green sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch squares (2 cups)
2 cups hot cooked noodles or rice
1. Trim fat from pork. Partially freeze pork. Thinly slice across grain into bite-size strips. Set aside.
2. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together hoisin sauce, bean sauce or paste, soy sauce, and sugar. Set aside.
3. Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry ginger and garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add red and green peppers; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove pepper mixture from the wok.
4. Add pork to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Push pork from the center of the wok.
5. Stir sauce. Add sauce to center of wok. Cook and stir until bubbly. Return pepper mixture to wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 minute more or until heated through. Serve immediately over hot cooked noodles or rice. Makes 4 servings.
Servings Per Recipe 4 servings Calories292, Total Fat (g)10, Saturated Fat (g)3, Cholesterol (mg)63, Sodium (mg)1324, Carbohydrate (g)32, Protein (g)18, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- Times saved to recipe box: 1
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 0