Category: Side Dish
Tamale Pie - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Dan Baldwin
A very tasty and unique way to make tamale pie which can also be made without meat.
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup cold water
3 cups boiling water
1 clove fresh garlic crushed
1 lb. cooked beans (rinse off if from can)
1 medium onion (chopped)
¼ tsp. pepper
1 can whole kernel corn (#2, rinse off)
1 can ripe black olives (rinse off)
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 cans tomato sauce
1. Chop onion and open cans needed.
2. Simmer beans and add other ingredients in frying pan for 1 minute.
3. Boil 3 cups of water in large pot. Onces it starts to boil add in the cornmeal, cold water, and garlic together and bring to a boil.
4. Add frying pan ingredients to cornmeal mixture and cook on low for 15 min.
5. Turn into 2.5 qt. casserole dish and put shredded cheese (optional) on top and bake at 400 °F for about 20 min.