This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
TGIFriday's Black Bean Soup - TastyPlanner.com
From Top Secret Recipes.
Recipe Source: www.recipezaar.com
2 T. vegetable oil
3/4 Cup diced white onions
2/3 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup diced green peppers
2 T. minced garlic
4 cans black beans
4 cups chicken stock
2 T. apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
1. Heat 2 T. of oil in a large saucepan over medium/low heat.
2. Add onion, celery, carrot, bell pepper, and garlic to the oil and simmer slowly (or “sweat” as it’s called), for 15 minutes or until the onions are practically clear.
3. Keep the heat low enough that the veggies don’t brown and be careful not to burn the garlic or it will be bitter.
4. While you cook the veggies, pour the canned beans into a strainer and rinse them under cold water.
5. Measure 3 cups of the drained and strained beans into a food processor with 1 cup of chicken stock.
6. Puree on high speed until smooth.
7. When the veggies are ready, pour the pureed beans, the whole beans, the rest of the chicken stock, and every other ingredient in the list (down to liquid smoke), to the pot.
8. Bringh the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes or until soup has thickened and all the ingredients are tender.