Category: Side Dish
Warm Sausage and Lentil Salad - TastyPlanner.com
Warm Sausage and Lentil Salad
Recipe Source: http://feeds.seriouseats.co...
2 1/4 cups green lentils, preferably Puy, the French green kind
1/3 cup chopped bacon
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Balsamic vinegar to taste
1/2 cup olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts (optional)
Slim bunch of chives, chopped
1. Simmer lentils with sausage in plenty of water and a bouquet garni (French for “garnished bouquet”; optional), for 30 to 40 minutes, until the lentils are cooked through. (Other types of lentils will require less cooking time.)
2. In the meantime, saute the bacon over medium heat until browned but not crisp.
3. Combine the Dijon, olive oil, shallots, chives, and bacon with its fat in a small jar or bowl. Shake well or whisk, then add the balsamic vinegar little by little to form a vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Once cooled, slice the sausage. Toss the lentils with the vinaigrette and top with the sliced sausage. Finish with a little chopped shallot, chive, and the hazelnuts.
- Times saved to recipe box: 8
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 3