This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Zatarain's Paella - TastyPlanner.com
Paella is a classic Spanish dish combining seafood, chicken, sausage and rice.
This recipe uses yellow rice for the base
Recipe Source: http://zatarains.com/Recipe...
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 ounces fresh chorizo or smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 package ZATARAIN'S® Jambalaya Mix, Original
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup frozen peas
1. Heat oil in large skillet or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add onion, bell peppers and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Add chicken and chorizo; cook and stir 5 minutes or until browned. Add water; bring to boil.
2. Stir in tomatoes and Jambalaya Mix; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Place shrimp and peas on top of rice; cover. Cook 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Times saved to recipe box: 0
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 0